Thursday, February 21, 2019

GALLERY:28mm Biblical & Classical Greece

Well  when we get to the Classical Greeks this gallery takes me right back to my 1st Corps days.
When if many of you don't know I was a partner in the company that produced these and I think we did a great job.
As for the earlier Biblical stuff I really ,really love this stuff ,especially the Trojan Wars.
The first pictures below show some Egyptian sets that I did when I was painting my Trojans ,I intended to be able to use then for Skirmishes along the coast of Egypt my Mycenaeans and actually I had a few nice games that way.



Here we have the Trojan War figures and Redoubt's lovely sets of heroes come first.
PARIS ,HECTOR and ANEUS

AGAMMEMNON ,ACHILLES ,ODYSSEUS ,AJAX & MENALAUS


In my collection I used the great shields for Trojan warriors and the smaller ones as Greeks but this was just a personal thing for me and not historical ,but did look great on the table.

Here we have the Sea Peoples who made great Allies for both sides in the Trojan War and also pirates for those coastal raids.
Most of the troops are from Foundry and Redoubt but a few came from a range originally released by Artizan but  believe from a different designer.

Now we move on to the CLASSICAL GREEK section and firstly some lovely commands that actually came from The lovely later Foundry range I believe...for my Greeks I want to work on the Peloponnese Wars so tried to differentiate between Spartan and all others via shields.
Many of the warriors below are from the lovely 1st Corps range ...but then I am biased.

SPARTAN HOPLITES


GREEK & ATHENIAN HOPLITES








SPARTAN EKDROMOI

ATHENIAN EKDROMOI

PLASTIC SPARTANS


GREEK HEAVY CAVALRY

THESSELAIN CAVALRY

Archers and Helots


On your shield or with it


No comments:

Post a Comment