Monday, February 18, 2019

40mm Napoleonic SALUTE best of Show 2016

hello all couldn't resist adding these to the blog and anyway its not everyday you win "Best of show at Salute... This whole 40mil thing started about 12 years ago when my close friend Ian Smith decided to move into this size and our first foray was for a large ACW collection. 10 years later and Their are both in full.
After the original collection Ian asked if I wanted to do THE PENNINSULAR with him and I agreed if I could do lots of French allied stuff and my wish was granted...oooh lovely colours.
Ian went to town on his collection and it was finally games at the show as IAN SMITH AND FRIENDS..I have to say thought that the finishing touches from Ian and Mark Allen's gorgeous flags made each unit something special.
Here you see me talking to Ged Cronin at  its re-show at Newark Partizan.



The French Neuchâtel battalion using Sash & Saber.


The Italian 2nd Regiment using Sash & Saber


The Swiss 3rd Regiment using Sash & Saber.


The French "Regiment du Midi"

A Kingdom of Naples regiment using Perry Minis.


Marching out to battle.


No comments:

Post a Comment