Thursday, February 21, 2019

GALLERY: 28mm Colonial Darkest Africa

Hi all ,well the Darkest Africa idea came to me quite late on in my painting life really....I had had many of the Foundry figures for some time in bags in my workshop ,but until I purchased the German Colonial stuff from e-bay I hadn't really thought of it. I didn't even know there make but they just appealed to me. That was the start ,and the more I checked out what I actually had . The bigger the collection grew.
Shown first below are the German Colonials and the Rifles and Askaris. Really enjoyed painting these and loved the me train and artillery piece.








Here we start the British contingent with Sikh infantry as well as Natives in uniform and Regulars. My particular favourite are the Sailors.








Next comes our great friends the Belgian troops and natives from the Congo.


Here we have my special sets of the Mem sahib party's hunters and safaris.





Then no Darkest Africa game is right without you native warriors in all there guises from Masi to Zulu's and all in between.


















 
Finally we have our contingent of Slavers and Zanzibaris all making for very varied games and great fun was had by all.





OH and at least one set of mercenaries...Red Russians would you believe...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment