Thursday, February 14, 2019

GALLERY: WWII 28mm British in Europe

Having joined many forums recently and having a great time looking at all the eye candy on show I thought I would make new gallery's for this blog so people can see the work I've done over the years in my part of the hobby.
It also gives me a chance to explain were I am coming from .
This gallery is full of the lovely stuff I have done for my games over time nearly all of which now reside in other peoples collections and I hope they are having as much fun with them as I did.

This first set of pictures shows the Wargames Foundry sets of Home Guard figures based on the great DAD'S ARMY...as my favourite comedy I loved doing these figures and wished I had actually done more.


My next lot of figure sets are for the Regular British infantry and come from Artizan designs . I painted these in ten man sets or squads ready for gaming and then did the command and equipment sets and are a real joy to paint as the figures just call out to put paint on and are so beautifully animated. 


Here we see the vehicles to compliment our troop and there are a mixture here of both metal and plastic kits...the first two are from Corgi and would you believe the old Battle Honours and the Sherman is a Tamiya kit ,as is the lovely universal carrier.



In this section you can see my favourite of all the British in Europe "Paratroops" and here first I have shown some shots of a small game I played with some of the sets seen below. The lovely figures are again Artizan Design with one or two Crusader Miniatures thrown in...these two do compliment each other.  They also produce lots of animated troops and special equipment for you to game with.










This section below is a little special in my heart ,as it shows the games I had with my 1st Corps paratroops & Germans and shows a lovely shot of a game as well as some great troops sets lovingly painted many moons ago...still love these figures though as they are large and chunky and really say WWII to me




Below are the sneaky beaky troops of any British Force in Europe...The Commandos and again you cant beat Artizan for there beautiful troops...they also do a lovely special range within the company of special figures and these add in beautifully to your units as they are fantastically animated.



Within this section are the Troops in squads who have come to help the British from there dominions and again I turned to Artizan for this...Australian regulars which are actually perfect for the East Asian Theatre & North Africa as well as Europe ,and some lovely Sikh infantry which again are ideal for the other mentioned theatres.



Finally we have our SOE. or spy units and here we see figures from Artizan's specials range playing this part well. You cant have too many 5th columnists can you.


No comments:

Post a Comment