Friday, February 22, 2019

GALLERY: WWII 28mm Afrika Korps in the desert

Hi folks for my next instalment of my WWII stuff we come to Rommell's boys ,and I have to say that this is my favourite WWII theatre of ops. When it comes to beautiful sculps we are spoilt for choice. Many of the figures I painted over the years were again from the Artizan collections and they were just a pleasure to paint. Though I have to say by and large ,many of the Black Tree chaps fitted in quite well ,although they do have a few "funny" poses. Below you will see a lot of the ten man squads I had over the years and great games I had believe me ,but as always they all ended up in good homes...life of a figure painter eh...
The first unit below was my favourite to paint and its the Ramke Division troops from Artizan...lovely.

















Now we come to the armour and vehicles and over the years I have had quite a collection of different companies stuff but more recently I have been painting for Dave Thomas of Perry's fame and so a lot of the newer vehicles are there's.




These are three plastic Hanomags from Warlord games that come in a set and as you can see they fit in quite well. And pound for pound quite cheap.

These were some of my earlier transports and armour from the likes of Battle Honour ,but they did the job.






No comments:

Post a Comment