Wednesday, February 20, 2019

GALLERY: WWII 28mm Americans in Europe

Here we go with the next instalment of my update of stuff I have done over the years for my WWII games , and great enjoyment was had by all. As I have said before all these lovely troops now reside in others collections and I just hope they are enjoying them as mush as I did.
Most of my collections were made up of Both Black Tree figures and Artizan as at that time they were defiantly the best on the market...but as new stuff came out I dabbled...lol
Below we have the basic grunts of the "Big Red One" and with Artizan's special sets you could really animate your squads. We had basic uniforms as well as greatcoats and wax jackets , these were eventually joined by Crusader minis and their great sculpts.











When it came to vehicles & armour I had started with a large number of vehicles from Corgi that I either repainted or touched up ,eventually I moved on to some old Bandai sets and ne Tamiya 1/48 which I preferred as I liked the slightly larger look against the troops.


Here are my favourite Yanks in their Airborne outfits...have to admit you have to thank" Band of Brothers" for that I suppose. Many of the troops below are from Artizan but there are Warlord and Black tree in there.










Below are the shots I took of the Offensive Minis collection I put together for games for a short while ,and I have to say These are beautiful sculpts with numerous variations.




Below are the first plastics I painted...Firstly for my matey John Martin with the Warlord set and then some Wargames Factory originals that I actually picked up from E-bay and worked on .





No comments:

Post a Comment