Friday, February 15, 2019

GALLERY: WWII 28mm Germans in Europe

For my next serving of WWII I have gone for the Germans in all their guises. How better could I start than with Wargames Foundry's beautiful set of downed pilots for their Dad's army sets. I really enjoyed painting this set and wish I had got more use of them before they moved on.

Below I has chosen to put next the Wehrmacht troops I have painted in their squads of ten. Thee sets are made up from figures from Artizan Designs as well as Black Tree and Crusader Miniatures. These three companies mix really well and with the odd original bolt action metal thrown in the units look ok.











No below we have some of the vehicles and armour that I have used in my time ,many of which were the lovely Corgi sets as well as Tamiya kits and Hobby boss 1/48 sets. I even had a few Black Tree metal tanks.





Just a few shots of the small game I played involving British Para's from the German side....



Now we move on to the more complicated squads involving lovely versions of autumn and summer camouflage ,shown are numerous SS squads as well as Wehrmacht. These sets were a pleasure to paint and I enjoyed testing out all the cammo variant deciding which would have which. Again the sets are a mixture of the same above companies and again mix really well.













I couldn't move on without a mention to the armour to compliment these sets and it was fun deciding on the colour schemes for these chaps.



When it comes to my favourite German troops for this theatre it has to be the paratroops for me...I really had a good time painting these chaps and the quality of the castings from the companies is fantastic...designers must like para's...lol
I chose to do my airborne fellas in variants of uniforms to make the look of the squads right.






Next we have those elite fellows the Mountain Troops. In their distinctive Green uniforms they grace any game and again are a pleasure to paint.


Here I have decided to place my favourite games sets...they are the Germans from 1st Corps that go with the British Para's in the British gallery...I loved gaming with these chaps and as the figures are over 20 years old they still looked great on the table.
1st Corps have added to the sets and below are the Wehrmacht troops along with SS grenadiers and Paratroops.







Almost done now and here's my foray into plastics...I accidentally realised that Tamiya plastics in 1/48 matched exactly the plastic coming for the then Wargames Factory and this gave my a lot of variety at the time. Not quite as nice ass painting the more animated metals but they did the job,







Finally some lovely Warlord games Grenadiers that I did recently and the animation in these was lovely but the poses seemed a little weird ,but maybe that's just me...Great to have a play with cammo again  and nice to have the option of separate heads so you can produce numerous different figures with multiple sets.




No comments:

Post a Comment