Monday, February 18, 2019

40mm ACW SALUTE Best of Show 2018

After spending many years painting 28mm figures my old matey Ian Smith asked about 14 years ago if I was interested in a range of 40mm ACW to paint for a display...of-course I said ok..
The original collection of figures were then put together including my Union stuff  and my Texas Brigade.
After the success of the later 40MM Napoleonic collection at salute in 2016 Ian decides to Re-show the collection again and the great display you see before you was born.
Again I was so pleased to be part of this enterprise and even though I couldn't be there at Salute  ,I was so pleased that Ian again took the Trophy for the second time in two years. 
Below are many pictures of the figures I did for Ian over the years. Here you see m again at Newark with the game this time talking to that great terrain designer Dave Marshall.


Below are many of the great Union units done for this great display.



                                                                   IRON BRIGADE


IRISH BRIGADE






PENNSYLVAINA ZOUAVES


HEAVY ARTILLERY REGIMENT


Below are the units of the TEXAS BRIGADE done for the Confederate's.








No comments:

Post a Comment