Saturday, March 23, 2019

28mm Plastic Napoleonic Collection

Well cant believe I found these shots on an old disc and was able to clean them up a little. I originally did this collection in 2012 very quickly for myself and John Martin to play Napoleonics before we could actually finish our West Indies collection as Duncan at Trent had just started releasing his lovely figures.
I used mostly Figures from the Perry's (new at the time) and Victrix plastics and would you believe that this is around about the time when I was finding painting quite tiring … A friend let me try on his glasses and wow!!! I could see again...So not bad for a one eyed blind man...(anyone who knows me personally will get that joke.
Below first are the British & Allies. I went for less regular regiments and lots of skirmish units to make the game more interesting and added cavalry later.
                                                                        COMMAND

BRITISH REGULAR INFANTRY
a mix of both Perry and Victrix with head changes etc...


HIGHLAND INFANTRY
Victrix all the way

PORTUGUESE LINE
these figures are actually from Foundry but needed some...

BRITISH LIGHT INFANTRY
skirmishers again a mix of Perry and Victrix

BRITISH 95TH
these are Perry's with converted Officer

LUSITIANIAN LEGION
these skirmishers are using both figure sets and the heads from the 1815 sets

BRUNSWICK LEGION
here I used a mix of both French and British uniforms from all sets to form my Brunswick troops

PORTUGUESE CACADORES
these troops are from the original Victrix metals range

BRITISH DRAGOONS
for the Peninsular a motley mix of Foundry stuff lying around

Below are the French Forces for the theatre and for them I went for more regular formations to be able to "bash" through formations if I so wished. I also liked the idea of various uniforms and troop types...Something that came back many years later when I did the 40mm stuff with Ian Smith.
FRENCH COMMAND

FRENCH GUARD GRENADIERS
again here a mix of the Victrix set of Guard with the other regular sets to give me a look of campaign for them.

FRENCH 3RD SWISS REGT.
my Swiss were almost completely Perry with just a few Victrix

FRENCH NAUCHATEL BATTALION
couldn't resist the Canaries and again mostly Perry's... with slight work on the Bearskins.

FRENCH REGULAR REGTS.
both regular sets were again a mix of both with again head swops etc...


ITALIAN 2ND REGT.
the Itailans were mostly Victrix but as a unit I liked them even thought they say historically they weren't very good...

FRENCH LIGHT INFANTRY
my only set of French skirmishers and Victrix with some Perry firing parts added

FRENCH CUIRASSUERS
these are all Perry and I did some of them wearing the replacement local brown material they had to resort to when their uniforms gave out.


No comments:

Post a Comment