Friday, May 22, 2020

28mm ACW Cavalry

Recently I was sent a commission to paint a large amount of American Civil War cavalry and when they arrived and I opened them I was really happy to see they were 1st Corps ,as anyone who knows me knows I have a real love for these figures.
I first started with the Confederates and used lovely shades of grey and butternut to do the figures as well as oiling the horses all together...starting with yellow and earth undercoats for the browns to give lovely variants when burnt umbers and burnt sienna's added.
As for the Union troops the uniforms are pretty simple but I always look at the trousers to add variant with shades from sky blue to azure as options. Again the horses have lots of variety and with both units showing they're departmental yellow trim in different ways all in all happy painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment