Monday, April 19, 2021

28mm Franco -Prussian War for "Sharp Practice " with a twist


Hi all
This is the start of a new project for Sharp Practice of Franc-Prussian war.
When I decided on the idea I thought that I would need to buy new stuff but then I remembered that when I was a child I had painted some of my airfix WW1 Germans and French foriegn legion for this period and thought why not do the same sort of thing.
Above and below is the project so far and as I had lots of Renegade figures left over from a previous 1914 collection I was away.


The French have had epaulettes added to their coats but this is all and the full caps have been painted and the Chasseurs for them are from Renegade and would you believe Artizan Foreign Legion...The Lovely French Mitrailleuse Gatling gun is a "kit-bashed piece using a British artillery gun and re-working the model into the shape needed and then adding the crew...looks good enough for me and they were used during the war. 


The Prussian troops have had their helmets painted with crests on the front  but the cut of uniform is perfect... The same for their Jaegers 



I intend to use 1st Corps Zouaves for the French Zouaves for their project and even their Marines officers who have epaulettes as they are ideal
Below are some of the figures in close up...



 

2 comments: