Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Tribute to Ian Smiths 40mm Napoleonic game

You will see earlier in my blog that we show the beautiful collection of figures that Ian Smith owns and that won Best of Show at Salute 2016 ,well this is my tribute to that game with a am proud to say I painted many figures for,but also have to say that it was Ian's vision that brought together such a fantastic display.

 The collection took nearly ten years to produce and was a labour of love for Ian after we had done an ACW game together in 40mm in 2006. Ian only wanted to go on with the project if I was involved and I wanted to do all the lovely coloured French and French Allied units. that's why you will see Italians ,Swiss ,Neapolitan  as well as the Legion du Midi and The Neuchâtel battalion. Wold you believe that the first time the whole game appeared together was actually on the morning of the show ,but I am sure you will agree that we didn't do too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment